Thursday, March 5, 2009

CloudForce Tour

Salesforce held the first 2009 CloudForce seminar in Atlanta at the Intercontential Hotel Buckhead on March 5th from 2:30 until 5pm with a reception from 5 until 6. I always enjoy catching up on the latest salesforce features and success stories as I'm a big admirer of Salesforce as an early entry into cloud computing and the success they have had. At this event I didn't really hear alot of new information. It was more of a refresher to remind Atlanta customers and potential customers of the value and opportunities available from the Salesforce platform. I get very excited about Force.com as a development platform along with appexchange to provide an easy vehicle for commericalizing applications. 

I do wish Force.com would reduce their monthly subscription fee to be more in line with other cloud application development platforms. But as always I get fired up hearing about the success of force.com from customers...who represent very large as well as very small companies. Which points to a major characteristic and advantage of cloud computing...the smallest company has access to the exact same technologies that are available to the very largest companies for creating innovation and value. 

As usual the reception from 5 to 6 was fantastic with free beer and wine and hot h'ordeurves. I love Salesforce receptions.    

No comments: